SMOKED POT ROAST
4 - 6
We’re taking an all-time household classic and injecting it with wood-fired flavor. This easy recipe starts with a chuck roast that is rubbed with a blend of spices, and then smoked directly on the grill for 90 minutes. Drop the roast in a Dutch oven with potatoes, carrots, onions as well as aromatics and chicken stock, and let it cook for up to 5 hours.
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 16 Ounce Chuck Roast
- 2 Cup Red Bliss Potatoes, Cut in Half
- 2 Cup Carrot, Diced
- 2 Cup Onions, Pearl, Peeled
- 1 Teaspoon Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 Cup Red Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Rosemary, fresh
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 Chipotle Pepper, Dried
- 2 Cup Chicken Stock
1. Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Rub roast with mixture.
2. When ready to cook, set Traeger temperature to 180℉ and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
3. Smoke the chuck roast for 1-1/2 hours.
4. Remove roast from grill and increase temperature to 275℉.
5. Transfer the smoked chuck roast, potatoes, carrots (diced into 2-inch pieces), onions, ancho chili powder, sherry wine, rosemary, thyme, chipotle peppers and chicken stock to a large dutch oven, such as: Finex 5 Qt. Dutch Oven.
6. Place the lid on the Dutch oven and place into the Traeger. At 275℉, braise the roast for 4-5 hours or until meat it very tender.
7. Serve with your favorite roasted vegetables or mashed potatoes and gravy. Enjoy!