Never has there been a better match for chicken wings than the epic combo of chili and lime. Use our Meatchelada rub to create these grilled beauties.
- 1.5-2 lb chicken wing portions
- 12 oz beer (we recommend Lone Star of course!)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup Hardcore Carnivore Meatchelada rub
- Start by brining the chicken wings. In a small pan, combine salt and sugar with just enough water to cover them. Stir over low heat until dissolved. Add cold beer to the pan to bring the temperature down, then pour over wings. Refrigerate for at least 2 and up to 6 hours.
- Heat a grill for two zone cooking, about 400-450f on the hot side.
- Drain the brine from the chicken wings, then pour in half a cup of the Meatchelada rub. Mix well to coat the wings thoroughly.
- Place the wings on the hot side of the grill, turning every 1-2 minutes until brown. Once a light char has formed, move them to the cool side of the grill to finish cooking without burning.
- Wings should be cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165f, which will take about 10-14 minutes. We recommend you grab an Instant Read Thermometer to check your temps accurately.
- Remove wings from grill, and place into a large bowl. Cover with the remaining ¼ cup Meatchelada seasoning and toss to coat, then serve straight away.
Like this recipe from Hardcore Carnivore? See more at HardcordCarnivore.com